She has been the Coordinator of the Research Center CEQOFFUP-FCT- R&D 226 (from 1996 to 2007) and of the Research Center “Center of Medicinal Chemistry of the University of Porto” (CEQUIMED- UP) FCT I&D 4040 (2007-2015), Director of the Faculty of Pharmacy of the University of Porto (FFUP) (1984-1985), President of the Pedagogical Council (FFUP) (2000-2002), Coordinator and organizer of the First Course of Pharmaceutical Sciences of the Instituto Superior das Ciências da Saúde_ Norte (CESPU), Director of PhD Course in Pharmaceutical Sciences (FFUP) (2009-2010) and Member of the Committee of Therapeutic Chemistry of the Portuguese Society of Chemistry (2012-2015). Was Head of Laboratory of Organic and Pharmaceutical Chemistry (FFUP) (1986-2018) and founder and Director of Master Course in Pharmaceutical Chemistry (FFUP) (2013-2019). Is Team Leader of the Group of Marine Natural Products and Medicinal Chemistry at Interdisciplinary Centre of Marine and Environmental Research (CIIMAR) (2014-) and Adjunct Prof. Kasetsart University of Bangkok, Thailand (2008 -) and scientific advisor at Khon Kaen University Faculty of Pharmacy, Thailand (2017 -).
She is among 172 more cited scientists of the University of Porto of the world in 2020, and 2021 (of total 764 from Portuguese Institutions) by “World’s Top 2% Scientists list” and also among 106 scientists of the University of Porto with the high impact in the career (of 512 scientists from Portuguese Institutions).
Organizing of Scientific Meetings:
– Member of the Local Organizing Committee and International Scientific Committee of the XXIII EFMC International Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC-ISMC), Lisbon, Portugal, September 7-11, 2014.
– As Coordinator of CEQUIMED, XX Porto Cancer Meeting – Drug Resistance in Cancer: from biology to molecular targets and drugs, 28 and 29 April 2011, Porto , Portugal, Co-Host Institution: CEQUIMED-UP.
– Co-Chairperson of the Organizing Committee of the 6th European Conference on Marine Natural Products, Porto, Portugal, 19-23 July, 2009
– Chairperson of the Organising Committee of the 1st National Meeting on Medicinal Chemistry of the Portuguese Society of Chemistry (Faculty of Sport Science, University of Porto, Portugal, 13 – 15 November, 2008
Referee for the following Scientific Journals:
– Current Drug Discovery Technologies
– Mini Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry
– Pharmaceutical Research
– European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
– Journal of Brazilian Chemical Society
– Chemistry and Biodiversity
– Bioorganic Medicinal Chemistry
– Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
– Scientia Pharmaceutica
Member of Editorial Advisory Board of:
– Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry (2012 – )
Guest Editor of:
Molecules -Special Issue- “Natural Products with α,β-Unsaturated Carbonyl Units and Their Synthetic Derivatives: Recent Advances and Future Perspectives”, 2022
Molecules -Special Issue “Compounds from Marine Sources as Hits and Leads for Pharmaceutical, Cosmeceutical and Industrial Applications”, 2020
Molecules – Special Issue “Enantioselective Synthesis, Enatiomeric Separations and Chiral Recognition (Co-Editor), 2018-2019
Molecules -Special Issue “Chirality in Health and Environment: Recent developments”, 2017
Pharmaceuticals – Special Editon: “Grand Celebration: 100th Anniversary of the Discovery of Heparin”, 2015-2016
Phytochemistry Reviews – Fundamentals and Perspectives of Natural Products Research for a Special Issue: Marine Natural Products (6th European Conference on Marine Natural Products, Porto, 19-23 July 2009), 2010, Volume 9, Nº 4 (ISSN 1568-7767)
Current Medicinal Chemistry -Special Issue (“Xanthone (Dibenzo-γ-Pyrone): An Interesting Framework in Medicinal Chemistry”, 2005, vol. 12, nº 21)