Supervision of Submission of Teaching Ability and Scientific Capacity
– António Filipe dos Santos Almeida de Oliveira Carneiro, 9-10 October 1991. Report: Inclusion complexes with cyclodextrins: an pratical application on Pharmacochemistry, Thesis: Synthesis and analysis of the inclusion complex Fentiazac-β-Cyclodextrin
– Maria José Teixeira Guedes González, 21-22 March 1988. Report: General methodology for structural elucidation of organic molecules Thesis: Lignans from Horsfieldia glabra.
– Fernanda Martins Borges, 16-17 July 1987, Report: In vivo synthesis as a model for in vitro sysnthesis Thesis: Synthesis of simple coumarins orto-dihydroxylated.
– From National and Kapodistrian Universirty of Athens , Greece:
– Ioulia Marini Theme: Chemical study of metabolites from the soil fungus Neosartorya KUFC 6344 , Spring semester – 2011-12
– Argyris Bakaloymis Theme: Chemical and biological study from the crude extract of Neosartorya spinosa: a fungi isolated from the marine sponge Rhiabdermia sp., Spring semester – 2010-11
– From Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Pharmacy, Check Republic:
– Jana Heczková, Theme: Synthesis of Carboxyxanthone Derivatives as Building Blocks for Enantiomeric Pure Compounds, 1st Semester – 2009-10
– Barbora Suchánková, Theme: Xanthone derivatives with potential dual mode of action for Alzheimer’s Disease, 1st Semester – 2009-10
– Petr Vrbata From Charles University in Prague, Faculty Of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové, Department Of Inorganic And Organic Chemistry, Check Republic Theme: Synthesis of Xantone Derivates by Microwave-Assisted Methods (September 2007- February 2008)
– Lindsay McGowan Theme: Synthesis of Chiral Xanthonic Nucleus (May- July 1998)
– Gillian Barr, Theme: Chemical Constituents of Calophylum teysmannii (May- July 1998)
MASTERS IN QUALITY CONTROL
Faculty of Pharmacy of University of Porto
– Ana Mafalda Gouveia de Paiva, Thesis: Xanthone Derivatives: Synthesis and Incorporation in Nanosystems, 06 October 2011
– Ana Catarina Dias Gonçalves Sobral Camões Thesis: Design and synthesis os xanthone derivatives with potential estrogenic/antiestrogenic activity, January 2008.
– Carla Sofia Garcia Fernandes Thesis: Xanthone derivatives: Synthesis and application as “Pirkle-type stationary phases; November 2006
– Marta Ramos Pinto Coreia da Silva Thesis: Sulfated flavonoids: synthesis, structural elucidation and biological activities, April 2006
MASTERS IN ONCOLOGY
Instituto de Ciências Biomédicas Abel Salazar- Viviana Vilar da Silva, 10 December 2014, Thesis :Antitumor activity of xanthone derivatives: effects on the immune microenvironment.
MASTERS IN PHARMACEUTICAL CHEMISTRY , Faculty of Pharmacy of University of Porto (supervision/co-supervison)
– Rita Alexandra Ferreira Alves de Lima, Mestrado Química Farmacêutica, Faculdade de Farmácia da Universidade do Porto, ano letivo 2019-2020,Thesis: “Development of Novel Polymeric Materials based on Chitosan and Derivatives for Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Applications” – on going
– Mariana da Costa Almeida, Mestrado Química Farmacêutica, Faculdade de Farmácia da Universidade do Porto, ano letivo 2019-2020, Thesis: “Molecular modifications on Indolymethyl Pyrazinoquinazoline Alkaloids Inspired by the sea and evaluation of their antimicrobial activities” – on going
-Ana João de Sousa Alves- Mestrado Química Farmacêutica, Faculdade de Farmácia da Universidade do Porto, 23 July 2019, Thesis: “Isolation, structure elucidation and biological activities of the secondary metabolites from the culture of marine-derive fungus Acremonium persicinum KUFA 1007″
– Papichaya Boonpothong- Mestrado Química Farmacêutica, Faculdade de Farmácia da Universidade do Porto, 11 September 2017, Thesis: “Studies toward the total synthesis of neofiscalin A, a potent antibacterial agent”
– Maria Letícia Carraro – Mestrado Química Farmacêutica, Faculdade de Farmácia da Universidade do Porto, 29 July 2016, Thesis: “Chiral derivatives of xanthones: synthesis, enantiomeric purity and effect on human tumor cell lines”
– Maria Inês Alves de Sousa Cruz- Mestrado Química Farmacêutica, Faculdade de Farmácia da Universidade do Porto, 22 September 2015, Thesis:” Xanthone and Flavone Derivatives as Potential Dual Agents for Alzheimer’s Disease”
– Ana Rita Silva Moreira – Mestrado Química Farmacêutica, Faculdade de Farmácia da Universidade do Porto, 21 october 2015, Thesis: “Development of proliposomes as a vehicle to deliver new molecules with antitumor activity ”
– Ana Rita da Conceição Neves- Mestrado Química Farmacêutica, Faculdade de Farmácia da Universidade do Porto, 21 october 2015, Thesis: “Potential Orally-Active Heparin-Like Compounds: Synthesis and Anticoagulant Activity”
– Cristiana Filipa Magalhães Gregório – Mestrado Química Farmacêutica, Faculdade de Farmácia da Universidade do Porto, 22 october 2015, Thesis:, Dissertação: ” Antifungal Activity and/or Inhibition of Mechanisms of Resistance of a Small Library of Natural and Synthetic Compounds”
– Joana Filipa Barbosa Teixeira, Projeto SFRH/BD/149155/2019/J815176FaxS7, PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, FFUP “Development of new chiral stationary phases for liquid chromatography based on xanthone and polysaccharide derivatives: an integrative strategy”, Chemistry, (2019 – ) on going
– Joana Patrícia Martins Moreira Projeto PTCD/DTP-FTO/1981/2014, PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry, FFUP, “Regulação farmacológica das proteínas da família p53: a caminho de novas terapias anticancerígenas”, Medicinal Chemistry, Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia; FEDER através do programa POFC. (2018 – ) on going
– Fernando André Pereira Marques Durães, Projeto POCI-01-0145-FEDER-028736, PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry, FFUP; Thesis: “Innovative efflux pump inhibitors to circumvent antimicrobial resistance” (2015-) on going
– Solida Long (from Chemistry Department of the Royal University of Phnom Penh, Cambodia), 25th June 2019, PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry, FFUP; Thesis: “Hit-to-lead Optimization of Modulators of P-gp: Design, Synthesis, and Biological Studies”
– War War May Zin (from Yangon University, Myanmar, Burma) – 14 February 2018, Instituto de Ciências Biomédicas Abel Salazar (ICBAS), PhD in Biomedical Sciences, Thesis: “Bioactive Secondary Metabolites from Marine-Derived fungi”
– Chadaporn Prompanya (from Burapha University, Thailand) – 21 September 2018, Instituto de Ciências Biomédicas Abel Salazar (ICBAS), PhD in Biomedical Sciences, Thesis: “Study of bioactive metabolites from marine sponges and marine sponges-associated fungi “.
– Kamonporn Masawang- 12 November 2014, Thesis: “Elucidation of antiproliferative and cellular mechanisms of action of small molecules with growth inhibitory effect on human cancer cell lines” Doctor of Philosophy (Bioscience), Graduate School, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand.
– Carla Sofia Garcia Fernandes – 17 July 2012, Thesis: Synthesis of Chiral Derivatives of Xanthones: Application as HPLC Stationary Phases and Potential Bioactive Agents in Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Porto
– Marta Alexandra Oliveira Perro Neves – 11 January 2012, Thesis: Prenylflavonoids and Chalcones: Synthesis and Evaluation of the Antitumor Activity, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Porto
– Andreia Filipa dos Santos Palmeira – 13 December 2011, Thesis: Design, synthesis and evaluation of xanthone derivatives for dual activity: antitumor and P-glycoprotein inhibition, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Porto
– Elisangela Joaquina Valente da Costa – 12 December 2011, Thesis: Synthesis of xanthone/benzophenone derivatives by strategy based in molecular targets: potential applications for treatment of hormone-dependent breast tumors, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Porto
– Marta Ramos Pinto Correia da Silva Carvalho Guerra – 16 November 2011, Thesis: Synthesis and Biological Activities of Polysulfated Small Molecules: New Cardiovascular Agents, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Porto
– Kantima Choosang – 30 November 2010, Thesis: Evaluation of natural and synthetic compounds on human tumor cell lines: effects on cell growth, cell cycle and apoptosis, Faculty of Sciences, University of Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand
– Raquel Alexandra Pinto Castanheiro – 25 June 2009. Thesis: Prenylated Xanthone Derivatives: optimization of synthetic methodologies, structural elucidation and evaluation of bioactivities.
– Carmen Maribel Bento Teixeira – 03 July 2008 Thesis: Polymeric Nanoparticles as delivery systems for xanthone derivatives.
– César Augusto da Silva Portela – 15 de February 2007 Thesis: Rational design and synthesis of new xanthonic ligands as new antimalarial agents
– Maria Madalena Marques Pedro – 02 October 2006 Thesis: Evaluation of the antitumor activity of compounds from natural and synthetic origin: cellular mechanisms affected by action of prenylflavones, stirilchromones and abietanic
– Maria Emília da Silva Pereira de Sousa – 18 December 2003 Thesis: Derivatives of xanthen-9-one: synthesis, structural elucidation and biological activities.
– Fernanda Maria Fernandes Roleira – 25 July 1996. Thesis: Design and synthesis of complexes antiviral compounds- molecular clefts by artificial molecular recognition.
– Margarida Maria da Silva Monteiro Bastos – 08 May 1996. Thesis: Isolation and molecular modification of secondary metabolites of Compositae and Lauraceae.
– Eduarda das Graças Rodrigues Fernandes – 07 February 1996. Thesis: Synthesis, structural elucidation and biologic activities of xanthones and xanthonolignoids.
– Maria José Teixeira Guedes González- 28 March 1995. Thesis: Study and synthesis of derivatives of natural compounds from plant origin with potential biological.
– Maria Fernanda Martins Borges – 27 January 1995. Thesis: Synthesis of derivatives of natural products from plants with potentail biological activity.
– Carlos Manuel Magalhães Afonso – 04 February 1994. Thesis: Isolation, structural elucidation and synthesis of pheromones.
SUPERVISION/CO-SUPERVISION OF POS-DOCs
– Diana Isabel Soares Pereira Resende – under the Project INNOVMAR (Norte 01- 0145_FEDER 000035), NOVELMAR – Novel marine products with biotechnological applications (May 2016 – 2019 )
– Raquel Maria Torres Lima, Theme: Small molecules as apoptosis inducers in cancer cells: investigation of the mechanism of action (2011-2016) (FCT SFRH/BPD/68787/2010)
– Marta Ramos Pinto Correia da Silva Carvalho Guerra. Theme: Development of polysulfated small-molecules: towards new oral antithrombotic agents (2012-2014)
– Kampanart Huanbutta, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Burapha University, Thailand. Theme: Development and characterization of biodegradable polymeric nanoparticle formulations, containing promising antitumor compounds (December 2011- October 2012)
– Clara Cecília Santana de Sousa, Theme: Synthesis of bioactive hydroxy-, methoxy- and prenylxanthones and structure-energy-bioactivity correlation studies (FCT 2009-2010).
– Clara Cecília Santana de Sousa. Theme: Synthesis of bioactive hydroxy, methoxy and prenylxanthones and structure-energy-bioactivity correlation studies (2009-2010).
– Ana Paula de Almeida Theme: Isolation of bioactive secondary metabolites from plant origin, inhibitory activity of growth in human tumor cell lines and inclusion in nanoparticles (2007-2008).
– Bruce Forbes Milne Theme: Computational studies of biologically active xanthone derivatives: development of QSAR and mechanistic models of antitumor activities (2004-2007).
– Virgínia Verônica Theme: Design and development of new chiral stationary phases of xanthonic derivatives (2004 – 2005)
– Maria Elizabeth Tiritan Theme: Racemic drugs: enantiomeric resolution by artificial molecular recognition (1997 –2000)
– Susana Paula Graça da Costa Theme: Synthesis of xanthone derivatives with potential inhibitory MAO activity (June – December1997)